Skype is software that enables you to make free calls anywhere in the world. Skype uses P2P (peer-to-peer) technology to connect you with other users. It offers several features, including SkypeOut calling from Skype to regular and mobile phones worldwide, conference calling, and secure file transferring. You can also now share your screen with other users. It provides high video and audio quality, and secure the calls with end-to-end encryption.
Skype is a little program for making free calls over the internet to anyone else who also has Skype. It’s free and easy to download and use, and works with most computers. Now it also supports video conferencing over the net.
Skype is a proprietary peer-to-peer Internet telephony (VoIP) network, founded by Niklas Zennström and Janus Friis, the creators of KaZaA and competing against established open VoIP protocols like SIP, IAX, or H.323. The Skype Group is headquartered in Luxembourg with offices also in London and Tallinn. The system has a reputation for working across different types of network connections (including firewalls and NAT) because voice packets are routed by the combined users of the free desktop software application. Skype users can speak to other Skype users for free. Skype also has paid services allowing users to call traditional telephone numbers (SkypeOut), receive calls from traditional phones (SkypeIn), and receive voicemail messages.
- SkypeOut allows Skype users to call traditional telephone numbers
- SkypeIn (beta) allows Skype users to receive calls on their computers dialed by regular phone subscribers
- Skype Voicemail allows callers to leave voice-mail messages for Skype users who are indisposed
- Skype supports group text chat with an interface similar to IRC with 150 People
- Skype Me has opened up a wellspring of people who want to communicate with people from other countries
Here's more of what's new with Skype 6.0 for Windows Desktop:
- Skype localized to six more languages (Thai, Croatian, Slovenian, Serbian, Catalan and Slovak)
- Visual user interface refresh
- We have refreshed and flattened the Skype UI with a simpler and less cluttered look. We have updated the look of the instant messaging and SMS areas as well.
- Removal of online user count
- We have removed the online user counter at the bottom of your Skype Contacts list to unclutter the UI and make more space for your friends within the contacts list.
- Display previously created profile pictures
- When you change your profile picture, we will now show you all of your previous Skype profile pictures so you don't have to look through old files if you want to use a previous image.
- Improved telemetry
- We are constantly looking for ways to improve the quality of our product. To that end we are adding additional "opt-in" telemetry reports for users who choose this option: "Tools>> Options>>Advanced>>Tick "Help improve Skype..." The reports may contain your Skype ID and or Microsoft Account ID but we will not use it to identify or contact you.
Download Skype 220.127.116.11